Bankruptcy Law in New York City
Many individuals who are suffering from overwhelming consumer debt don’t know where to turn. It can be difficult to try to recover from a recent job loss, unforeseen medical expenses, or reduction in your income. All of these daily pressures can start to pile up, creating an insurmountable barricade of debt. If you are feeling trapped or suffocated by your monthly debt and expenses, we at the Law Offices of Robert M. Fox are here to help.
Getting You To A Debt Free Future
The Law Offices of Robert M. Fox is committed to helping you relieve your debt. With viable bankruptcy options on the horizon, you can enjoy a debt-free future. Our bankruptcy lawyers put clients’ needs first by providing personalized support and customized financial plans for the individual. Don’t wait any longer to start pursuing a positive solution for debt relief. We’re here to help you get a fresh start in life!
We provide services for the following chapters of bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7: For a large amount of consumer debt, Chapter 7 is a great solution. The process involves liquidation of assets to pay off creditors. There are some assets that will fall within specific property exemptions. Read our page for more information on exemptions and the bankruptcy process.
- Chapter 11: Is your business struggling? Reorganize your finances and business structure by filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Pay off your creditors through a manageable repayment plan!
- Chapter 13: Having trouble paying off debt, even with a regular income? This chapter of bankruptcy allows you to keep valuable assets while still paying off creditors. Through effective debt restructuring, you will be able to pay off your creditors interest-free.
During the covid-19 “economic recovery”, bankruptcy filings have remained steady.
Several factors and circumstances have forced both individuals and businesses into insolvency. These factors and circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- A steady unemployment rate
- An increased number of home foreclosures
- Insurmountable consumer debt
- High interest credit cards/loans
Bankruptcy may be right for you if…
- You have considerable consumer debt (i.e. credit card debt, loans, medical bills, etc.) and can only afford to make the minimum payments or no payment at all.
- You are facing home foreclosure and cannot keep up with your mortgage payments.
- You have judgments arising from lawsuits entered against you.
- You are in danger of having your wages garnished.
- You are in danger of having your car repossessed.
Filing bankruptcy may provide for the discharge of most of the past due debts mentioned above, grants you peace of mind and allows you to enjoy a fresh financial start. However, it is important to keep in mind that filing for bankruptcy does not discharge certain debts including the following:
- Domestic support obligations such as child support and alimony
- Certain tax debts
- Student loans (in most cases)
- Damages or restitution for willful or intentional acts
- Court fines or penalties
No matter your financial situation, our firm is here to help. Contact us today!